What is visa for Cambodia / (Cambodia e visa)
The Cambodian e-Visa can be applied for on the web with less problem. For regular tourists on business or tourism, they’re instructed to acquire their visas at the Cambodian consulate, or on arrival at the airport terminal.
Tourists travelling to Cambodia will acquire a visa upon arrival at both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh International Airports, while those traveling from Thailand will acquire their visa at Poipet and Cham Yeam provinces, and tourists from Vietnam coming in through Ka-Om Samnor or Bavet will have to get their visas from a Cambodian Embassy before arrival.
But now, the Cambodian government has made procedures easier with introduction of e-Visas, almost everything can now be done online, and it takes less than 24 hours. Even though you’ll be needed to pay a regular 89EUR visa fee. This really is a reasonable rate thinking about the number of hours and sweet it’ll save you if you get in line for a visa.
Where to acquire a Cambodian visa
Before getting a Cambodian visa, you must first make a decision the kind of visa you would like. There are lots of visa types offered, included in this are: Business visa, Tourist Visa, Diplomatic visa and e-Visa. The various types of visa need to be obtained at the Cambodian embassy, airport, or at the border while crossing, apart from the e-Visa, which is obtained on the web.
Getting a Cambodian visa from the embassy needs a lot of time and effort, and in many cases, individuals have to visit long distances to get to the embassy. Obtaining a visa at the land border or the airport can also be a hard process, as it might need lots of payments and bribes in some cases.
Then again, obtaining a Cambodian e-Visa is a much smoother process, it doesn’t call for enough time and standing for extended hours. When you request for the e-Visa, you will get it upfront. The e-Visa was introduced in 2006 to help make the whole process of visa application quicker and much easier. This visa lasts for three months, with a maximum stay of 30 days.
Benefits associated with obtaining a Cambodian e-Visa
- •You will not have to go to the Cambodian embassy, you can apply online anyplace you are
- •No need for joining long lines
- •The process is safe, well planned and fast, and you’re guaranteed of getting your visa just before arrival at Cambodia
- •You have the choice of calling the customer support staff just in case you need any assistance
visa application form Cambodia requirements
The Cambodian e-Visa requirements include:
- •It is accessible to every nation except Algeria, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Iraq and Iran.
- •The visa can be used upon entry into Cambodia, but you’ll have to process other application whenever visiting again
- •It is valid for three months, beginning from the day it was given to you
- •Your passport have to be at least six months just before its expiry date
- •Passport should have at least two empty pages for stamping by the immigration department
- •International tourists are required to get an on-journey ticket or a return ticket
How to apply for the visa
To get a visa for Cambodia, you’ll need to submit an application on the web through the application portal at https://go-cambodia-online.com, where you’ll be necessary to fill in your information (name, gender, country), passport information, and personal address.
More on: visa application form Cambodia